NanoRacks is Hiring – Assistant Payload Coordinator
Position: [part-time, temp to perm] Assistant Payload Coordinator
Reports to: Manager, External Payloads
Location: Washington, DC, McPherson Square
NanoRacks is the leader in commercial space. The company has been called the “UPS of space” by Fast Company and has been featured in Forbes Magazine, and Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine. Our payload integration services provide access for both suborbital and low Earth orbit environments. NanoRacks is seeking a part-time Assistant Payload Coordinator at our NanoRacks Washington, DC office. The position is primarily in Customer Relations Management (CRM) in support of External Payloads Accounts. Other activities include systems and technical engineering support, and various administrative tasks.
- Support customer payloads account management activities
- Basic systems engineering and technical analysis tasks
- Requirements analysis
- Support NanoRacks marketing and business development as needed
- Analysis of customer payload data
- Maintain schedules and other status tracking
- Prepare a weekly status report for all activities performed
- Attend company meetings and prepare minutes as required
- Assist in maintaining office infrastructure (filing, compiling records, etc.)
Required Traits, Knowledge, & Skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple assignments and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer-focused attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Desirable Qualifications in Any One of the Following Areas
Customer relations experience
- Project Management or project coordination experience
- Experience in CAD, analysis, or software development environments
- Past experience working in the aerospace industry or related economic sector(s)
Preference for candidates who have completed a B.S. or are pursuing an M.S. in Aerospace Engineering (AE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Computer (CE) or Electrical engineering (EE) or in the Physical Sciences. Exceptional undergraduate candidates will be considered.
Term of Position
Fall 2016 – Flexible hours are available. A full-time position may be extended at mutual agreement of NanoRacks and successful candidate.
- $14-$16 hourly to start, commensurate with experience
- Non-routine transportation to / from required business events
- Non-routine parking / meals / travel to / from business events
A maximum of 20 hours per week to start with potential for full-time schedule commensurate with performance.
This position located at the NanoRacks Washington DC office. Metro accessible, near McPherson Square.
- US citizen
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)