NanoRacks is Hiring – Associate Operations Engineer
Position: Operations Engineer/Commercial Payload Operator
Location: Houston, TX
NanoRacks is an established aerospace company focusing on providing commercial access to space, currently on the International Space Station (ISS) and Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle. The company, which was once tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent over 580 payloads to the ISS, including 186 satellites from over 20 countries. Since 2009, NanoRacks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the ISS crew with the internal and external payload Operations during real time operations and the development of the ISS crew Ops products, including, but not limited to:
- Prepare for the Payload missions
- Develop Payload Ops products (flight rules, crew procedures…)
- Supporting ISS crew during the assembly or the operations of NR Payloads in real-time
- Conduct on orbit payload operations
- Be able to work during night shifts and/or weekend or holidays as required
This position will closely interface with: NASA Marshall Space Center, NASA Johnson Space Center Program office and Crew office, NASA PSRP and NanoRacks Safety & Mission Assurance board members, NanoRacks Mission Managers, Engineering and Payload Integration Managers, and JAXA Engineering and Flight Control Team members.
The Associate Operations Engineer will be responsible for reporting status of payloads to management as well as cross reporting to team personnel to accomplish critical development and analysis tasks.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an engineering field
- May consider non-engineer with directly related experience
- Must be able to obtain related ISSP access to JSC and appropriate database and IT tools
Certified NASA ISS Flight Controller in the FCR, MPSR, or Operator for the ISS Core system flight controller positions (OSO, ODIN, CATO, PHALCON, ECLSS, CATO, CRONUS, ETHOS, and SPARTAN…or the similar).
Certified NASA ISS Flight Controller in either MCC-H or POIF in the FCR, MPSR, or Operator positions.
Additional Skills Required
Ability to work independently with sustained focus on complex tasks as well as in the team work environment. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to coordinate complex technical projects in a dynamic program environment.
Commensurate with experience and competitive with industry standard.