NanoRacks is Hiring – Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Position: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Location: Houston, Texas
NanoRacks is an emerging commercial space exploration company that has been the market leader on providing hardware and customer services onboard the International Space Station (ISS) and other in-space platforms for over eight years. The company, which has often been tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent over 600 payloads to the Space Station, including the deployment of over 200 satellites from over 30 countries into low- Earth Orbit. We also work onboard a growing number of other in-space and Near Space platforms.
NanoRacks is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to manage operations and procedures as we continue our rapid growth. Revenue growth has been 70% over the past two years and our team is now nearing 60 people, principally in Houston and Washington, DC.
This will be our first official COO. The objective is to enable the continued growth and success of the company, streamline operations and install processes to handle additional growth without sacrificing the entrepreneurial spirit that is the hallmark of the company. This position will report to the CEO and Chief Commerce Officer (co-founders). The COO will oversee company operations, and human resources. You will work with sales and the Chief Financial Officer to manage reporting and cash flow. The COO will work with the Chief Commerce Officer to plan resources for current and upcoming contracts as well as assist in formulating products around new capabilities.
- Manage operations of Houston facility, which focuses primarily on interacting with NASA. This includes broadly understanding technical program management.
- Manage a team of customer-facing Mission Managers (DC-based team which coordinates between NASA, NanoRacks, and the customer on a technical level)
- Manage working level relationships with partners such as NASA/other vendors
- Assist in the design and lead the implementation of business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set and implement comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Support and manage as required core corporate infrastructure activities such as IT, security, facilities operations, and potentially some export control responsibility
- Plan resources for current and upcoming contracts
- Manage employee reporting and other day-to-day operations/li>
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role directly overseeing rapid growth of a company or organization
- Ability to work and learn in a dynamic and growing company across multiple locations
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- 1-2 weeks per month domestically, often across NanoRacks’ offices
- 1-3 International trips per year
- Not required, but current or recent clearance viewed positively
- Must be US citizen
What we’re looking for
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape.
You love space, because we do too.
Because we deal with ITAR controlled hardware, you must be a US citizen.
Competitive with industry standard.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA).
Here is a unique chance to be part of the historical opening of the frontier of space through one of the few customer-based small space companies. Contact us if you are ready to make a difference!
To apply, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.