NanoRacks is Hiring – Director of Finance
Position: Director of Finance
Reports to: CFO
Location: Webster, Texas (We’re right by Johnson Space Center!)
Our fast-paced, rapidly growing Houston-based commercial space company of 60 people is seeking a dynamic Director of Finance for our small financial team. NanoRacks is an entrepreneurial aerospace company focusing on providing commercial access to space, currently on the International Space Station (ISS), Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle, India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, and more! The company, which was once tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent over 750 payloads to the ISS, including the deployment of over 230 satellites from over 30 countries into Low Earth Orbit. Since 2009, NanoRacks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services. Currently, NanoRacks is working to build commercial space stations (“Outposts”).
NanoRacks prides itself on being the first commercial space station company with customers!
We’re looking for that right professional willing to pitch in on necessary tasks no matter the job description and finds working in space exploration as fascinating as we do. Great benefits, including 401K and vacation package.
As Director of Finance, you’re responsible for accurate financial reporting for legal entities and management of shared accounting resources. This position will engage across multiple business areas and subsidiaries.
- Directing operations accounting functions/structure and assure compliance with corporate accounting policies, US GAAP and IFRS
- Establish, manage and enforce financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Including procure to pay, tax, and payroll functions
- Implement and manage internal/external audits and observation processes. Interfaces with internal and external auditors as needed
- Manage accounting, including monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes
- Lead the operations annual operating budget process. Collaborates and engages with leadership team throughout the budget process
- Analyze financial reports and evaluate operations performance and spending
- Advise leadership and key stakeholders on accounting, financial, budgeting, asset management, forecasting, capital expenditures/projects, and profit improvement opportunities
- Assist with optimizing inventory management and analyze fixed asset purchase justifications
Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Maintain cap table
- Cash flow forecasting
- Familiar with government program operations
- Tax planning
- Risk management, insurance and liability strategies
- Communicate and articulate business model and business performance to investors, bankers and board of directors
- Provide a sounding board and strategic finance alternatives to help the Company materialize the next phase of growth
- Six year CPA – Current accreditation
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or similar Business degree, Master of accounting preferred
- Skilled at building a finance team and eager for a challenge
You love space, because we do too.
Competitive with industry standard.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We do work with leaders from all over the world, including NASA, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
What we’re looking for:
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. You will own your projects and be results oriented. NanoRacks is a small company (60 awesome people), but we interface with much larger organizations from around the world. You will need to be able to work in small and large groups as well as simultaneously execute an entire project on time.
Download the Director of Finance Job PDF.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org