NanoRacks is Hiring – Electrical/Avionics Engineer
Position: Electrical/Avionics Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
NanoRacks is the leading provider of commercial access to low-Earth orbit. The company has been called the “UPS of space” by Fast Company magazine. Our payload integration services provide access for both suborbital and low-Earth orbit environments. Additionally, NanoRacks was selected by NASA as one of six companies to develop a concept study for commercial platforms in low-Earth orbit and beyond.
NanoRacks is seeking a full time employee at the Houston Office which is located nearby NASA Johnson Space Center.
Who You Are:
You are a self-starter, someone happy to be working in a high-paced, commercial environment. You fit perfectly in a company where there are few layers; where everyone is hard at work for our dozens of domestic and international customers most of whom are using our hardware onboard the International Space Station. You have always been attracted to the space program and dream of the future.
- Leading functions assigned in electrical design, manufacturing, testing and delivery of electrical and avionics hardware, including electrical ground support equipment and flight hardware destined for the International Space Station
- Prioritizing workload to insure timely delivery of flight and non-flight hardware to our customers
- Performing design and integration of electrical systems which may include: digital and analog circuit design, DC-DC converter and power supply integration, microelectronics, cable harness assembly, electrical design software (e.g. Altium) and mechatronics
- Produce and/or read electrical and avionics schematics and assemblies
- Utilizing lab equipment including digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, frequency counter/timers, waveform/function generators, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers and in-circuit emulators through all phases of development
- Create Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports and Record of Assembly documents
- Interface frequently with other disciplines including Mechanical, Safety and Flight Operations to provide electrical engineering support throughout all phases of hardware build and delivery
- Provide support to our customers and internal payloads management
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or related technical field
- Proven working knowledge of electrical/avionics engineering principles
- Experience in laboratory electrical design, test and fabrication
- Proficiency with USB, DIO, UDP, 422, Ethernet, GigE, SPI, 1553 and other interfaces/protocols
- PCB design, fabrication and integration experience
- Proficient with laboratory electronic equipment and procedures
- US Citizenship