NanoRacks is Hiring – Electrical Engineer
Position: Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Avionics Manager
Location: Webster, Texas (We’re right by Johnson Space Center!)
NanoRacks is an emerging commercial space exploration company that has been the market leader on providing hardware and customer services onboard the International Space Station (ISS) and other in-space platforms for over eight years. The company, which has often been tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent over 700 payloads to the Space Station, including the deployment of over 200 satellites from over 30 countries into low- Earth Orbit. Since 2009, NanoRacks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services. Currently, NanoRacks is working to build commercial space stations (“Outposts”) from the spent upper stages of launch vehicles in orbit.
The Electrical Engineer will support the design, development, and test of avionic and electrical systems, including the commercial airlock Bishop, internal ISS Nanolabs, and External ISS payloads/platforms and other aerospace systems as directed.
- Leading functions assigned in the electrical design, manufacturing, inspection, testing, assembly and disassembly of avionics/electrical hardware and related equipment for EGSE and flight hardware.
- Position will involve leading projects and prioritizing workload to insure timely delivery of flight and non-flight hardware.
- Typical hardware design and integration experience includes (but is not limited to) digital and analog circuit design, DC-DC converter and power supply integration, microelectronics, battery testing, cable harness integration, electrical design software (Altium), mechatronics and related experience.
- The ability to produce and read electrical schematics and assemblies is important. Experience with lab equipment including Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counter/Timers, waveform/function generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Logic Analyzers and In-Circuit Emulators.
- This position may support all phases of design, including schematic capture, layout, routing, symbol and footprint creation, generation of Gerber files, assembly drawings and other required PCB fabrication drawings and files as required.
- The Engineer will work directly with other design engineers and mechanical engineers for part placement and packaging, providing estimates of efforts and working to assigned schedules.
- Work independently with little direct supervision to support tight milestone schedules.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, or related technical field.
- Proven working knowledge of electrical/avionics engineering principles.
- Background working with spaceflight hardware design and processing.
- Experience in laboratory electrical design, test and fabrication.
- Proficiency with USB, DIO, TCP/UDP, 422, Ethernet, GigE, 1553 or other interfaces/protocols.
- PCB design, fabrication and integration experience.
- Proficient with laboratory electronic equipment and procedures.
- You love space, because we do too.
- ITAR and US citizen requirement.
- Because we deal with ITAR controlled hardware, you must be a US citizen.
Competitive with industry standard.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA).
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We do work with leaders from all over the world, including DoD, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.