NanoRacks is Hiring – Executive Assistant
Position: Executive Assistant, And Beyond!
Hours: 20 hours/week, with potential for full time hours
Reports to: CEO, Senior Staff
Location: Washington, D.C. – We’re at McPherson Square and a short walk from Farragut North.
NanoRacks is an established aerospace company focusing on providing commercial access to space, currently on the International Space Station (ISS) and Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle. The company, which was once tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent over 600 payloads to the ISS, including the deployment of 188 satellites from over 20 countries into Low Earth Orbit. Since 2009, NanoRacks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services.
NanoRacks is looking for an Executive Assistant intern who will be focused on working with the CEO on administrative needs and business development programs. This includes scheduling, logistics, meeting notes, office management, preparing reports, and preparing presentations. There is plenty of room to grow in this position, with the opportunity to grow into a business development role, sales, and/or marketing role. Truly, this is more than an Executive Assistant role, but the chance to start at an entrepreneurial space company.
As an Executive Assistant, you’ll be working with top leaders in the aerospace industry and gain exposure into a fast-paced commercial aerospace program.
- Manage and maintain executive schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Maintain inventory and office supplies. Anticipate office needs; evaluate new office products; place and often expedite orders when necessary.
- Data analysis; Proficient in Access, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting of data, V-lookup and other functions.
- Assist in additional programs as needed, which may include marketing and events.
- Bachelors or higher in Engineering, science (physics, materials science, chemistry), or Mathematics
- Strong oral communication skills for both technical and non-technical information
- Ability to effectively interact with customers ranging from students (as young as elementary school) to professional and commercial researchers
- In progress or completed Bachelor’s degree, preferably in management or a related field
- Strong oral communication skills for some technical and non-technical information
- Ability to effectively interact with wide range of industry and government leaders
- Highly organized
- Ability to work in a small team
- Experience in office administration, scheduling, and logistics
- Some familiarity with the aerospace industry
- Ability to work on PC and a Mac
What we’re looking for
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. You need to own your projects and be success oriented. NanoRacks is a small company (less than 50 awesome people), but we also interface with much larger organizations. Because of that, you need to be able to work in small groups and large teams, but also be self-sufficient enough to take charge of entire projects and produce the right products on time.
- You love space, because we do too.
- ITAR and US Citizen Requirement.
- Because we deal with ITAR controlled hardware, you must be a US citizen.
Paid hourly at $16
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA).
How to apply
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We do work with leaders from all over the world, including DoD, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Executive Assistant PDF here.