External Cygnus Deployment
NanoRacks’ External Cygnus CubeSat Deployment Program provides a commercial gateway to the extreme environment of space for Earth and deep space observation.
This historic and innovative satellite deployment service is a part of the first-ever program in which an ISS Commercial Resupply Vehicle is able to deploy satellites at an altitude higher than the ISS after completing its primary cargo delivery mission. Flying at 500 kilometers provides an open door for new technology development as well as an extended life for CubeSats deployed in low-Earth orbit.
The External Cygnus Deployment Program was developed with the customer in mind. The lifespan of CubeSat deployed from the Cygnus vehicle at 500 km adds approximately two-years additional lifetime compared to our ISS NRCSD deployment program.
- Payloads on exterior of Orbital ATK Cygnus
- CubeSats deploy after Cygnus departs ISS
- 36U total volume, 1U-6U linear form factor
- 51.6° inclination, 500km (above ISS)
- Photos of deployment available upon request
- Other form factors possible in future missions
- NanoRacks Deploys Largest Satellite From International Space Station To Date June 20, 2018
- NanoRacks Launches 15 CubeSats, New Commercial Customers, on Latest Space Station Cargo Resupply Launch May 24, 2018
- NanoRacks Selected as Launch Provider for Nationwide Canadian CubeSat Project May 4, 2018
- NanoRacks Launches “Crystals in Space” and Marks Successful End to Kickstarter Campaign December 15, 2017
- NanoRacks Completes 4th External Cargo Ship Satellite Deployment Mission, Largest to Date December 7, 2017