External Cygnus Deployment
NanoRacks’ External Cygnus CubeSat Deployment Program provides a commercial gateway to the extreme environment of space for Earth and deep space observation.
This historic and innovative satellite deployment service is a part of the first-ever program in which an ISS Commercial Resupply Vehicle is able to deploy satellites at an altitude higher than the ISS after completing its primary cargo delivery mission. Flying at 500 kilometers provides an open door for new technology development as well as an extended life for CubeSats deployed in low-Earth orbit.
The External Cygnus Deployment Program was developed with the customer in mind. The lifespan of CubeSat deployed from the Cygnus vehicle at 500 km adds approximately two-years additional lifetime compared to our ISS NRCSD deployment program.
- Payloads on exterior of Orbital ATK Cygnus
- CubeSats deploy after Cygnus departs ISS
- 36U total volume, 1U-6U linear form factor
- 51.6° inclination, 500km (above ISS)
- Photos of deployment available upon request
- Other form factors possible in future missions
- NanoRacks Brings Over 30 Payloads to ISS, Including Landmark Kaber Satellite and First-Ever Boy Scouts of America Experiment August 16, 2017
- NanoRacks Announces Polar Orbit Launch Opportunities on PSLV August 7, 2017
- NanoRacks Deploys CubeSats from Cygnus Spacecraft, Demonstrates Future Reusability Goals June 9, 2017
- NanoRacks Completes Largest ISS CubeSat Deployment Cycle To Date May 26, 2017
- NanoRacks CubeSat Deployer Mission 11 Status Update: Good Deploy! May 17, 2017