ISS CubeSat Deployment
NanoRacks’ International Space Station CubeSat Deployer provides a commercial gateway to the extreme environment of space for Earth and deep space observation.
The NanoRacks CubeSat Deployer (NRCSD) is a self-contained CubeSat deployer system that mechanically and electrically isolates CubeSats from the ISS, cargo resupply vehicles, and ISS crew. The NRCSD design is compliant with NASA ISS flight safety requirements and is space qualified.
The NRCSD is a rectangular tube that consists of anodized aluminum plates, base plate assembly, access panels, and deployer doors. The NRCSD deployer doors are located on the forward end, the base plate assembly is located on the aft end, and access panels are provided on the top. The inside walls of the NRCSD are a smooth bore design to minimize and/or preclude hang-up or jamming of CubeSat appendages during deployment, should these become released prematurely. However, deployable systems shall be designed such that there is no intentional contact with the inside walls of the NRCSD.
For a deployment, the platform is moved outside via the Kibo Module’s Airlock and slide table that allows the Japanese Experimental Module Remote Manipulator System (JEMRMS) to move the deployers to the correct orientation for the satellite release and also provides command and control to the deployers. Each NRCSD is capable of holding six CubeSat Units – allowing it to launch 1U, 2U, 3U, 4U, 5U, and 6U (2×3 and 1×6) CubeSats.
- Low-cost commercial deployment from ISS
- Accommodates 1U-12U; up to 48U per cycle
- 51.6° inclination; 400km-415km
- Deployments 1 to 3 months after berthing at station
- Other form factors can be accommodated upon request
- NanoRacks Completes Fifth External Cygnus Deployment, Six More CubeSats in Orbit July 16, 2018
- NanoRacks Completes 14th CubeSat Deployment Mission from International Space Station July 13, 2018
- NanoRacks Deploys Largest Satellite From International Space Station To Date June 20, 2018
- NanoRacks Launches 15 CubeSats, New Commercial Customers, on Latest Space Station Cargo Resupply Launch May 24, 2018
- NanoRacks Selected as Launch Provider for Nationwide Canadian CubeSat Project May 4, 2018