NanoRacks is Hiring – Sales Engineer / Technical Writer
Position: Sales Engineer / Technical Writer
Location: Houston, Texas
NanoRacks is an emerging commercial space exploration company that has been the market leader in providing hardware and customer services onboard the International Space Station (ISS) and other in-space platforms for over eight years. The company, which has often been tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent over 600 payloads to the Space Station, including the deployment of over 200 satellites from over 30 countries into low- Earth Orbit.
NanoRacks is seeking a sales engineer for our Houston office to provide technical and writing support. This position will serve as a bridge between the engineering team and business development staff to respond to calls for proposals and price quotes. The sales engineer will report to the Senior VP of Business Development and the Chief Technology Officer and work with the engineering staff to draw up technical requirements for proposals and price quotes.
- Work with business development team to track proposal responses
- Draft proposal requirements and outlines for proposal responses
- Work with engineering staff to write technical requirement for proposals
- Work with contracting staff to incorporate technical responses in proposals and technical elements in price quotes
- Manage archive of proposal responses
- Meet with clients as necessary to support engineering and sales
- Ability to work with engineers to turn ideas into writing
- Ability to work with proposal team on time-sensitive deadlines
- Proficient in outlining requirements and adhering to strict guidelines
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in the aerospace industry
- Professional writing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Less than 15% travel expected
- Not required but current or recent clearances viewed favorably
- Experience working with government and commercial aerospace customers
- Familiarity with the aerospace industry, including launch vehicles and/or on orbit assets
- Experience with SharePoint
What we’re looking for
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. NanoRacks is a small company (nearly 60 awesome people), but we also interface with much larger organizations. Because of that, you need to be able to work in small groups and large teams, but also be self-sufficient enough to take charge of entire projects and produce the right products on time.
You love space, because we do too.
ITAR and US citizen requirement.
Because we deal with ITAR controlled hardware, you must be a US citizen.
Competitive with industry standard.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA).
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We do work with leaders from all over the world, including DoD, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.