Nanoracks is Hiring – Electronics Technician
Position: Electronics Technician
Reports to: Avionics Engineering Manager
Location: Webster, Texas (We’re right by Johnson Space Center!)
Nanoracks is an entrepreneurial aerospace company focusing on providing commercial access to space, currently on the International Space Station (ISS), Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle, India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, and more! The company, which was once tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent over 750 payloads to the ISS, including the deployment of over 230 satellites from over 30 countries into Low Earth Orbit. Since 2009, Nanoracks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services. Currently, Nanoracks is working to build commercial space stations (“Outposts”) from the spent upper stages of launch vehicles in orbit.
Nanoracks prides itself on being the first commercial space station company with customers!
Nanoracks is looking for an avionics or electronics technician to assist in the design, development, test, and delivery of exciting spaceflight hardware.
- Under the direction of technical management, the electronics/avionics technician will assemble, test, and integrate avionics and electrical systems.
- Mount electrical components, including resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, transformers, diodes, terminals, connectors, switches, buttons, valves, pins and sockets.
- Perform electronics fabrication, assembly, test, and checkout.
- Contribute to the development of electronic ground support equipment (EGSE).
- Perform wire connections, connector pin/socket assembly, and wire harness fabrication.
- Perform the integration of electronic assemblies into larger flight systems.
- Fabricate electrical wiring harnesses per drawings, incorporating redlines as needed.
- Submit connector, wiring, plug, socket, pins, and related component requests as needed.
- Read electrical drawings, diagrams, and work instructions in order to complete installation or troubleshooting of electronics systems, assemblies, or wiring layouts.
- Work across engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, managerial) to help develop, test, checkout ground and spaceflight hardware in a small-team, fast-paced, work environment.
- Must be able to crimp, stake, solder, cement, press fit, splice, and repair electronic systems, components, assemblies, and flight hardware.
- Must be able to perform potting, encapsulating, bonding with various epoxies, and curing.
- Must be able to safely utilize soldering irons, glue guns, heat elements, solder extractors and other electronics fabrication equipment.
- Ability to fabricate and assemble electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Must be able to perform wire harness fabrication, test, and checkout, installation (harness and connectors).
- Ability to read electrical schematics, drawings, diagrams, and assembly instructions.
- Associate’s degree or military background preferred.
- Spacecraft/Aircraft avionics, systems, and electronics assembly, test, integration experience.
- 2-5 years of experience on aircraft or spaceflight hardware systems.
- Eyesight allowing safe electronic assembly testing and integration.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with spaceflight hardware (military aircraft acceptable).
- You love space, because we do too.
- ITAR and US citizen requirement.
- Because we deal with ITAR controlled hardware, you must be a US citizen.
- Familiarity with the aerospace industry, such as launch vehicles, payloads, and/or satellites.
- Previous experience working with PCB’s, electrical drawings, or avionics hardware.
You love space, because we do too.
ITAR and US citizen requirement.
Competitive with industry standard.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We do work with leaders from all over the world, including NASA, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
What we’re looking for:
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. You will own your projects and be results oriented. Nanoracks is a small company (60 awesome people), but we interface with much larger organizations from around the world. You will need to be able to work in small and large groups as well as simultaneously execute an entire project on time.