External Cygnus Deployment
Nanoracks’ External Cygnus CubeSat Deployment Program provides a commercial gateway to the extreme environment of space for Earth and deep space observation.
This historic and innovative satellite deployment service is a part of the first-ever program in which an ISS Commercial Resupply Vehicle is able to deploy satellites at an altitude higher than the ISS after completing its primary cargo delivery mission. Flying at 500 kilometers provides an open door for new technology development as well as an extended life for CubeSats deployed in low-Earth orbit.
The External Cygnus Deployment Program was developed with the customer in mind. The lifespan of CubeSat deployed from the Cygnus vehicle at 500 km adds approximately two-years additional lifetime compared to our ISS NRCSD deployment program.
- Payloads on exterior of Orbital ATK Cygnus
- CubeSats deploy after Cygnus departs ISS
- 36U total volume, 1U-6U linear form factor
- 51.6° inclination, 500km (above ISS)
- Photos of deployment available upon request
- Other form factors possible in future missions
- Nanoracks Completes 17th Commercial Space Station CubeSat Deployment Mission February 19, 2020
- Nanoracks Is Offering Unbeatable Rideshare Pricing & Services – Book before April 2, 2020 to get our early-bird deal. February 7, 2020
- Nanoracks Deploys 250th Satellite, Eighth Cygnus Mission February 3, 2020
- Nanoracks brings CubeSats, Nematodes, and Blockchain Technology to the International Space Station December 10, 2019
- Nanoracks Books CubeSat Rideshare and Habitat Building Demonstration in Single SpaceX Falcon 9 Launch November 18, 2019