Nanoracks is a cutting-edge aerospace company focusing on providing commercial access to space, currently on the International Space Station (ISS), suborbital vehicles, expendable launch vehicles, and more! We have sent over 1,000 payloads to the Space Station, kickstarted the CubeSat deployment revolution, and have customers in over 30 nations.
Since 2009, Nanoracks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services. Currently, Nanoracks is working to build commercial space stations (“Outposts”) from the spent upper stages of launch vehicles in orbit. This technology will enable spent upper stages to be used as crewed and un-crewed space stations for various purposes and customers—both civil and commercial.
Nanoracks will provide and facilitate an ecosystem of interoperable technologies and distributed free flying space stations. You can read our approach here.
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We work with leaders from all over the world, including NASA, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. You will own your projects and be results oriented. NanoRacks is a small company (70+ awesome people), but we interface with much larger organizations from around the world. You will need to be able to work in small and large groups as well as simultaneously execute an entire project on time.
The selected candidate will provide strategic guidance to program management on technical decisions involving overall system development, subsystem development, and mission concept of operations. And will also provide tactical guidance and directly contribute to work performed in the development and operations of individual vehicles across their life cycles. Presentations to internal and external stakeholders are expected.
Though this position does not have direct reports, this is a leadership role and must have the ability to motivate, get project buy-in, and keep project momentum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support development, review, maturation, and maintenance of project requirements included in the Requirements Specification, Interface Requirements Documents, and Verification and Validation Plans.
• Review requirements documents, environments specifications, and design and construction specifications and evaluate impact to project.
• Ensure the interfaces between subsystems are properly captured and documented in appropriate requirements.
• Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
• Utilize requirements management tools to define, trace and integrate project requirements and associated products.
• Perform and coordinate system level analysis and/or test within team and matrixed organization.
• Facilitate across various stakeholders to achieve integration of both technical and program objectives.
• Ensure coordination of design changes and associated impacts across subsystems.
• Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
• Identify program risks and associated mitigations coordinate constraints and conflicting requirements across multiple disciplines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant field.
• 5 to 10 years aerospace systems engineering experience.
• Proven track record managing multiple projects.
• Must communicate well and work with the various teams within and outside of the organization.
• Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space rated hardware.
• Prior experience/knowledge of requirements management tools.
• Experience with the development of requirements documentation.
• Ability to prepare written technical documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
• Experience with Valispace, DOORs, CRADLE.
• Lifecycle experience across multiple satellite developments, including fleet development.
• INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
• Expertise with spacecraft flight operations
• The candidate should have a high-level understanding of space vehicle systems and understand the importance of interfacing these systems.
• Experience with avionics systems integration, including understanding of electrical and structural aspects
Competitive with local and industry standard.