Nanoracks is Hiring – Systems Verification Engineer
Position: Systems Verification Engineer
Reports to: Manager of Projects
Location: Webster, Texas (We’re right by Johnson Space Center!)
Nanoracks is an entrepreneurial aerospace company focusing on providing commercial access to space, currently on the International Space Station (ISS), suborbital vehicles, India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, and more! The company, which was once tagged as the “UPS of Space”, has sent nearly 1,000 payloads to the Space Station. Nanoracks kickstarted the CubeSat deployment revolution and has deployed over 250 to date.
Since 2009, Nanoracks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services. Currently, Nanoracks is working to build commercial space stations (“Outposts”) from the spent upper stages of launch vehicles in orbit. This technology will enable spent upper stages to be used as crewed and un-crewed space stations for various purposes and customers—both civil and commercial.
Nanoracks will provide and facilitate an ecosystem of interoperable technologies and distributed free flying space stations. The commercial approach to this effort is described in Nanoracks’ LEO Commercialization Study, available online here: https://nanoracks.com/nanoracks-leocom-study-release/.
Nanoracks prides itself on being the first commercial space station company with customers – customers that come from 30+ nations around the world.
Nanoracks is looking for a Systems & Verification Engineer.
- Coordinating with SE&I, Robotics, and JAXA to establish the right requirements from the start
- Relaying all technical and programmatic requirements levied by the ISS Program, launch vehicle, and other governing bodies to the project teams
- Review and approval of Nanoracks “Record of Assembly (ROA)” to ensure requirements are being tested as intended
- Weekly reporting for pre-launch open work
- Ensuring compliance to ISS Program, Launch Vehicle and other regulatory agencies
- Ensuring compliance of payloads to all Nanoracks hardware interface requirements
- Review and collaborate with team to approve Payload Software Interface documentation
- Some light analysis work may be required (structural, thermal, orbital mechanics)
- Because we deal with ITAR controlled hardware, you must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business management or science from an accredited university
- Familiarization with VERITAS / ORBIT software
- Ability to secure a NASA/JSC Badge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate in a collaborative, tactful and respectful manner with various internal and external stakeholders of varying levesl of technical sophistication and domain knowledge
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize and adapt to a dynamic and ever-changing landscape
- Experience working with government and commercial aerospace stakeholders
- Familiarity with the aerospace industry, including launch vehicles and/or payload development
- Ability to understand and/or generate technical analysis products (structural, thermal, orbital mechanics
- Current NASA/JSC IT access
- Knowledge of VERITAS, PIRN, and PITA tools highly desired. Familiarity with flight manifest databases a plus
- Experience in Systems Verification Engineering
- Familiarity with Quality management
You love space, because we do too.
ITAR and US citizen requirement
Competitive with local and industry standard.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We do work with leaders from all over the world, including NASA, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
What we’re looking for:
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. You will own your projects and be results oriented. Nanoracks is a small company (60 awesome people), but we interface with much larger organizations from around the world. You will need to be able to work in small and large groups as well as simultaneously execute an entire project on time.